The latest manual can be downloaded here: manual
- Fits into a standard DIN rail enclosure.
- 80% bigger display then previous version.
- Measures the current consumption of other appliances, and automatically lowers or increases the charging current to the EV. (sensorbox required)
- The load balancing feature let's you connect up to 8 SmartEVSE's to one mains supply.
- Switched 230VAC outputs, for contactor/relay.
- Powered RS485 communication bus for sensorbox.
- Can be used with fixed cable, or socket and charging cable.
- Automatically selects current capacity of the connected cable (13/16/32/64A)
- Locking actuator support (Motor or Solenoid)
- Internal temperature sensor.
- Charge indicator with support for a 12V RGB LED (not included).
- External input to Enable/Disable charging with a switch or RFID reader.
- All module parameters can be configured using the display and buttons.
- WiFi capable, build-in webserver with status page.
- Open Source Firmware.
- USB-C connector for programming/debug output.
- The controller operates at a mains voltage from 110-240VAC
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 52 x 91 x 58 mm (width: 3 DIN modules)
This is only the controller, in order to build a EVSE you will also need:
- A contactor/relay which switches the power to the EV.
For three phase systems this can either be one 4 pole contactor (IKA432-40), or two 2 pole (IKA232-20) contactors.
This must be a normal AC (230V) contactor. Energy efficient AC/DC contactors will not work correctly.
- A Type 2 charging cable or charging socket, with 12V activated lock.
- Enclosure with DIN rail, for mounting the controller and contactor.
This evaluation kit is intended for use for ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT, DEMONSTRATION, OR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY and is not considered by Stegen Electronics to be a finished end-product fit for general consumer use. Persons handling the product(s) must have electronics training and observe good engineering practice standards. As such, the goods being provided are not intended to be complete in terms of required design-, marketing-, and/or manufacturing-related protective considerations, including product safety and environmental measures typically found in end products that incorporate such semiconductor components or circuit boards. This evaluation kit does not fall within the scope of the European Union directives regarding electromagnetic compatibility, restricted substances (RoHS), recycling (WEEE), FCC, CE or UL, and therefore may not meet the technical requirements of these directives or other related directives.